Sewing Apron

I made these Tea Towel Aprons a while back using a Missouri Star tutorial.

ApronsI decided to make one of them into a sewing apron. The concept was great. I used one without any modifications but I found the pockets too deep and the weight of everything I carried in the them put pressure on my neck.

Here is my first modification. New towel, pockets and ties. I only used half the towel, added another smaller pocket and put ties at the waist. 2-DSCN6771It worked okay but the larger pockets were still too deep and I had divided into 4 sections which made two of pockets too narrow.

So back to the drawing board, or should I say seam ripper.

I turned down the edge of the larger pocket and added straight line stitching, I added the same stitching below the small pocket accent. That depth of the larger pocket actually ends at the same place as the small pocket.3-DSCN7699I divided it into 3 sections instead of 4 and I’m ready to test this version. 

1-DSCN7762 Getting organized on the Journey, Jackie

  • Jaye

    Glad you were able to make it work for you!