Long Arm Quilting Services
I consider it a privilege to be entrusted to quilt your quilts & to help me offer the highest quality outcome, please consider the following as you prepare your quilt.
All quilting is done free-hand in a pet-free/smoke-free/scent-free environment
I can accept quilt tops up to 90” wide; length does not matter unless the quilt needs to be turned for quilting borders on the side.
- Your batting and backing must be at least 4″ larger than your quilt top on all sides.
- If your backing fabric is not wide/long enough to provide the extra 4” add strips of fabric to the sides, please add strips. Note, if you need to add strips, your backing fabric should be at least 1 ½” wider so there is enough wiggle room when loading the quilt.
- Pieced backings should be sewn with a ½” horizontal seam, pressed open for the best results.
- Please press and square up your backing fabric.
- Trim all loose threads from the top and backing of your quilt.
- All seams on the quilt top and backing fabric should be pressed flat. Note that if you press a dark seam towards a light fabric the dark fabric may show through to the top.
- Remove any pins, buttons, sequins, charms and other embellishments.
- Use a safety pin with a note that says “top” to mark the top of the quilt. If the backing is directional, do the same for the backing.
- For best results, the quilt top must be pressed and lay flat. To check if the quilt top is flat, measure your quilt top across the top, bottom, and at the center. These three measurements should be the same. If not there is a possibility that there will be puckers in your finished quilt.
- If you do not have a border on your quilt, please“stay stitch” 1/8-1/4″ from the edge around the entire quilt. This ensures the seams will not come apart.
- Quilt top, backing and batting must be brought in as separate layers with the backing and quilt top pressed and on a hanger (to prevent wrinkles).
I use the same color of thread on the top & in the bobbin, so please take that into consideration when choosing a backing if you are concerned about your thread showing
I accept credit cards, cash or check made payable to “Sew Excited.” A deposit of half the estimated cost is required before quilting is started. The remaining balance is due upon completion of the quilt. Once the final payment is received, your completed quilt will be ready for pick-up.
Email for more information and current pricing.
Jackie Berdych — 816-260-4218 — Jackie@sewexcitedquilts.com
For quilt care instructions: Quilt Care Instructions.doc