I love Minkee fabric. Normally I make mini tag blankets for shower gifts. This time I decided to use some of these charms that I bought a long time ago on sale.
Then because the top was such a bear to piece, I figured it would be a good ides to practice quilting on a piece before I headed for disaster. I figured I would use a piece large enough for a Project Linus quilt if I didn’t run into any difficulties. Since it was practice it is just one yard of fabric each of a cotton print and solid Minkee back.
Not knowing what to expect, I quilted a large meander. No problems, wished now I had gone for a design of sorts. Oh well.
For the pieced quilt, I quilted a flower in the flannel squares and a butterfly in the Minkee squares. My butterflies were not that great and I figured the mistakes would show up less in the Minkee. Which is true.
Problem #1 – with that premise, when stitches are hard to see, it is difficult to see where you have been and where you need to go.
My husband says it adds to the charm of the quilt. Got to love that man.
Overall, I’m pretty pleased. Enough to make another one. I learned a lot from this one and the next one will be even better and normally I move on to other things, but I really love the possibilities with this one.
Finished size is 32 x 42. Not huge but perfect for a newborn for these early winter months and not too large for a toddler to drag around as they grow.
Another finish on my 2014 WIPS!
Staying warm on the Journey, Jackie