This is part of the Quilt It! Challenge that Kitty Pearl over at Road Home Quilting started at the beginning of the year. I have noticed something about myself as I work through these blocks each quarter.
- My mind freezes up when I try to think of ideas
- I start out with comfortable and familiar
- Shortly after I start I regret my decision
- I am never quite happy with the first block
- I want to have a “do over”
- This is harder than I thought it would be
This quarter’s block was no different. I did start with a flying geese design in my head and while it is not monumental, I wanted the flow of movement towards the center.
Once in the center however, I reverted back to the known. After that, I just continued in that mindset. Ugh! I have to remind myself these are practice blocks. And by definition, even doing the same thing improves my skill level.
So here is my block for July. I don’t like and I don’t even want to think about the block for August.
I used thread to match the fabrics so the stitching doesn’t stand out very well.
Do you ever get discouraged when your creativity doesn’t keep up with your desire?
Sigh. there are two more months and this is practice.
Enjoy the Journey, Jackie