To celebrate my first birthday, and to say, “Thank you,” I am giving away a 5 inch Square Benartex Sampler of “City Girl Holiday by Kitty Yoshida. Perfect for anyone wanting to get a head start on their Christmas projects!
I started this blog one year ago today intending to document my quilting journey.
Here are the things I learned this first year.
- I have found:
- A great podcast/blog/twitter community
- That I love the feedback from readers
- Encouragement to try things I had on my to-do list
- Sewing with hexagons
- Try a Hoop Sisters pattern
- That I can use a camera – Disclaimer: any good pictures are taken by my good friend Kathy
- Great eye candy on other blog sites
- Lots of quilt inspiration
- That many of the quilters out there are introverts
- I am not the only one that;
- “Pets” fabric
- Can’t wait for the mail to come when fabric is on order
- Finds quilting patterns in everyday things
- Wishes they had more time to sew
- Would rather sew than clean (I know this is a shock to my long time friends but yes I got over my need for spotlessness)
- What I learned about myself:
- Having a stash is a wonderful thing
- I like the challenges others have on their blogs
- I hate mystery quilts (it’s my need to control)
- I really love to teach sewing, particularly quilting
- It is okay to not like to do applique I tried my hand at it again. Just don’t like to do it
- I like Engaging with others about quilting, even online
- Blogging about quilting makes me more aware of my process
To sign up for the birthday give-a-away, leave a comment telling me what your favorite post was and why. I am still finding my “voice” and I would like your feedback. To get placed in the drawing twice “Like” me on my Facebook page – Sew Excited Quilts – and leave a comment there. The giveaway will end Aug 31st.
Happy Birthday to me,
Thank you to you,
Enjoy the journey, Jackie